Coyne Architects is currently accepting applications for a full-time Bookkeeper position.
Boutique architecture firm, located in Chicago’s Bucktown / Wicker Park neighborhood, is hiring for a bookkeeper/admin position. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail and be a self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision. Our office is an energetic environment with fun office outings, sometimes including our office dog Indiana Jones.
Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, retirement plan with company match, paid vacation and sick days.The preferred candidate is a resourceful, highly productive multi-tasking individual with a clear understanding of overall business practice and capable to directly support all aspects of the business administration.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Accounts Payable.
- Accounts Receivable/collections.
- Perform reconciliations.
- Payroll processing via QuickBooks.
- Work with external CPAs to file quarterly and annual taxes.
- Manage HR files.
- Coordinate purchasing of office equipment, services, and supplies.
- Perform some personal assistant duties for company principal.
- Answer phones, greet guests, and maintain cleanliness of office.
Position Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years of QuickBooks accounting experience.
- Knowledge of A/P, A/R, and General Accounting principles
- Experience Proficiency in Microsoft Office with good Excel skills.
- Ability to multi-task while working independently, with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical mindset.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Payroll functions preferred.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Experience with Insightly or a similar CRM preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Be part of our creative work atmosphere.
- Enjoy time with Dr. Indiana Jones, our office golden doodle.
- Access to our office Health and dental insurance plan.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan.
- Fun, casual office with several company-wide outings.
- Approximate hourly pay: $15-20/hr depending on experience and capabilities.